Saturday, 29 October 2011

Welcome to the Magic Classroom

 

beautiful,fairy,tale,forest,nature-5d4c2ac86ded60bedee6abb2a42f4cf9_m

Greetings to the beginning of a journey of an alternative to traditional schooling. 

My name is April and this site will be a chronicle and a resource to Home Education in the Uk and specifically Essex.  I am the mother to a beautiful 7 year old girl.  After much discussion with my husband, we have decided to educate our daughter at home.  This was not an easy decision but we feel this is the right decision for us.  We are not against traditional schooling, but would like to acknowledge that there are alternatives. 

The aim of this site and soon to be organisation is to give information and support for those that are educating their children at home.

Please subscribe to get personal opinions, information, laws, and resources to help make your home educating experience happy and successful for your child.  If you have any information, please feel free to contact me at classroomfairy@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, April! Love your blog, sweetie! When I was substitute teaching in California, I was introduced to this awesome website that teaches kids to read, but since it's from the states, it might not be ideal for students in the UK, but still, it does give some great advice and it's free. It's called Starfall.com. http://www.starfall.com/ Good luck, sweetie! *tight hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Julie, for your love & support. I am really excited.

    ReplyDelete

The Magic Classroom~ Thank you for your comment